09 Sep Front-end Designer
Inbound AV is looking for a Front-End Web Designer to join our team. This is a remote, independent contractor role with part-time hours to start, with the possibility of developing into a full-time role in the future.
You will design websites, WordPress themes, landing pages and user experiences for our clients in the pro audio, musical instrument and video space. You will work closely with a small, remote team to create engaging digital experiences that help our clients meet their business goals.
What you’ll do
- Design custom websites and WordPress themes.
- Keep a healthy dialogue regarding risks, questions, roadblocks, potential solutions, etc., with your Project Manager.
- Prepare prototypes, wireframes and mockups as needed to communicate/document design direction and proposed user interactions.
- Participate in pre-design planning discussions and design reviews with the internal team and client.
- Advocate for the user, ensuring that deliverables create the best user experiences possible.
- As designs are implemented, test against initial documentation with an eye for user experience and usability issues.
Who you are
- You have an in-depth knowledge of WordPress and have designed complete WordPress themes.
- You have a mobile-first mentality and, if you must choose, you prioritize user experience over creativity.
- You are proficient in HTML and CSS.
- You are articulate. You can explain confidently, argue passionately and disagree gracefully.
- You are passionate about helping your clients reach their goals.
- You can adapt to changing priorities.
- You are a lifelong learner.
- You are naturally driven to stay ahead of the curve and learn new technologies and techniques.
- You believe in deadlines, but you also believe in delivering only the highest-quality work. When you see a conflict between the two, you raise your hand and offer a recommendation.
The important stuff
- This is a part-time contract position, potentially growing into more over time
- $25-40/hr depending on experience
- US-based candidates only (LA-based is a plus)
- No agencies or recruiters