05 Jul Jr. Web Developer
Inbound AV is looking for a Web Developer to join our team. This is a remote, independent contractor role with part-time hours to start, with the possibility of developing into a full-time role in the future.
You will develop websites and custom web applications for our clients in the pro audio, musical instrument and video space. You will work closely with a small, remote team to create applications that help our clients reach their business goals.
What you’ll do
- Develop, document and test custom websites, as well as new website features and applications, including WordPress plugins, API integrations and databases.
- Write code that is cross-browser compatible, meets web standards and is optimized for performance.
- Stay current on new and emerging web dev approaches and technologies, and make recommendations for client solutions.
- Keep a healthy dialogue regarding risks, questions, roadblocks, potential solutions, etc., with your Project Manager.
- Participate in requirements discussions and application reviews with the internal team and client.
Who you are
- You have built websites and/or custom web applications.
- You have developed responsive design websites.
- You have built working html pages from a designer’s layouts and wireframes.
- You know how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- You have experience working with debugging tools (Firebug) as well as code versioning tools (Git).
- You have a very strong understanding of PHP back-end development.
- You are a lifelong learner.
- You are naturally driven to stay ahead of the curve and learn new technologies and techniques.
- You are organized and task-oriented.
- You believe in deadlines, but you also believe in delivering only the highest-quality work. When you see a conflict between the two, you raise your hand and offer a recommendation.
The important stuff
- This is a part-time contract position, potentially growing into more over time
- $25-40/hr depending on experience
- US-based candidates only (LA-based is a plus)
- No agencies or recruiters